Navigation

H O M E      A B O U T      B E A U T Y      F A S H I O N      L I F E S T Y L E      S K I N C A R E     

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

CURRENTLY LOVING: LUSH EAU ROMA WATER





LUSH - EAU ROMA WATER (100g)
Confession Time: I'm a self-proclaimed skincare fanatic who doesn't tone. I know, I'm a fraud and I'm sorry, I just never really understood what they were or what they did. As much as I wanted to cleanse, tone and moisturise (like all the proper beauty gurus do) to my knowledge, they were filled with alcohol, (which would not pair well with my dry skin) and were an unnecessary expense. However, I was browsing the queen of skincare's blog (Caroline Hirons, here) and found not every toner is drying and that their very purpose is to restore balance to the skin. I was sold. 

I've never ventured into LUSH for skincare before, I've always been put off by the smells (is that just me?), and the talkative sales assistants. I braved it however, and the girl I spoke to was lovely, giving me a skin consultation and handing me the most suitable toner for my dry/combination skin. (They also sell Breath of Fresh Air for sensitive/irritated/dry skin and Tea Tree Water for oily skin). I wondered how much this 'magical water' could affect my skin, but I needn't have worried, I love the stuff. 

It's my favourite part of my skincare routine now; I find it super refreshing and awakening in the morning and calming and relaxing at night. I simply spritz onto a cotton pad and swipe over my face and any dry patches are instantly hydrated and my skin immediately looks more balanced and fresh. It smells gorgeous too, like roses and lavender, which is nice and awakening in the mornings, aaand how cute is the little 'made by' label?

My only issue with it is that the spray is not a fine mist, it's much more 'directed' and 'wet' than a mist. This isn't a problem for toning, as I apply to a cotton pad anyway, but I was told I could use the product as a facial mist, for hydration, refreshment and to combat cakiness throughout the day. I'm sure the product would do that, but the spray would just ruin my makeup if I used it. That's not a deal-breaker though, as I adore it as a toner and am completely addicted. Potential Holy Grail Status easily.

Do you see the point in toning? What are your favourite toners?

2 comments:

  1. i literally never tone either!! i may try this product though! and i know what you mean about lush, the smell of the shop is reallllly overpowering! i'd love it if youd check out my blog and comment back! http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/lovedenim-with-debenhams.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's not only me with the smell of LUSH, I find it really off-putting and everyone else seems to love it! I'd recommend this if you have dry/combination skin though, crazy how much hydration a 'water' can add :) xx

      Delete